Make Games! is now online…
The site showcases selected game making software and many games. :)
The PixelProspector Art Contest has now officially ended…
…and now you can check out the 50+ drawings in the gallery!
I gotta say that the submitted art is really awesome!! Thanks for taking the time to create such fantastic stuff and sending it over. It made me smile more than once :)
Moreover also big thanks again to all the developers who sponsored their games for the contest.
- #1 – The art must be drawn by yourself
- #2 – The art needs to show at least some effort (you don’t need to be a professional artist but expecting to get a game by sending something that was put together in a few secs (stick figure or the PP Logo just slightly modified with a pixelate filter etc.) is disrespectful to the developers and to the contest. Which means no game in that case.)
- #3 – The art needs to be related to PixelProspector (which means it has to include the mascot).
for example the PixelProspector mascot could be hanging out in the arcades, or mining for gold, or exploring a dungeon… steampunk, cyberpunk, stoneage, game mockup?
Everyone who participates (and followed the rules!) can choose 1 indie game from the list below…
List of Games:
- Awesomenauts (sponsored by Ronimo Games)
- Bean’s Quest (sponsored by Kumobius)
- Blocks That Matter (sponsored by Swing Swing Submarine)
- Cook, Serve, Delicious (sponsored by Vertigo Gaming)
- Darkside (sponsored by Clockwork Pixels)
- Defender’s Quest (sponsored by Level Up Labs)
- Droid Assault (sponsored by Puppygames)
- Dungeon Dashers (sponsored by Jigxor)
- Dustforce (sponsored by Hitbox Team)
- Explodemon (sponsored by Curve Studios)
- Gas Guzzlers (sponsored by Gamepires)
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (sponsored by Black Forest Games)
- Infested Planet – Beta (sponsored by Rocket Bear Games)
- Jets N Guns GOLD (sponsored by Rake in Grass)
- Knytt Underground (sponsored by Nifflas
- Out There Somewhere (sponsored by Studio MiniBoss)
- Pushcat (sponsored by Zut)
- Revenge of the Titans (sponsored by Puppygames)
- Scavenger (sponsored by Clockwork Pixels)
- Scoregasm (sponsored by Charlie’s Games)
- Stealth Bastard Deluxe (sponsored by Curve Studios)
- Titan Attacks (sponsored by Puppygames)
- Trine 2 (sponsored by Frozenbyte)
- Voxatron (sponsored by Lexaloffle)
- Wizorb (sponsored by Tribute Games)
(All games are kindly sponsored by their developers. Big thanks!!).
The best submissions will be properly added to a little gallery.
So don’t forget to mention your name/nickname and optionally also your website… so people can quickly see who is responsible for the art :)
I’m really looking forward to your drawings!! :)
I have just updated the Big List of Top Video Game Websites. All ~130 sites offer now some basic info (Country, Platforms, Coverage, About). Furthermore I have also created a spreadsheet that you can download here.
Well…I’ve browsed through the 800+ Entrants (~580 Main Entrants and ~300 Student Entrants) and picked
80 100 games. All those games can be found on 100 Indie Game Picks for IGF 2013 (with links to: homepage, igf entry page and trailer)
The shown games are either picked because I have tested them personally (for example: Awesomenauts, Syder Arcade, Gas Guzzlers, Iconoclasts, Super House of Dead Ninjas…) or because they look promising.