Finally a new PixelProspector video! :)
This video shows a selection of 55 fresh indie games that…
- …were all released in 2012/2013* (or are still in development)
- …are on Steam Greenlight
If you want to help out consider to
- …vote for the games
- …vote for this video collection on Steam
It doesn’t take long (few secs per game when you are logged into Steam) and helps the devs greatly. :)
I’m currently working on a little site that is completely dedicated to interviews with game developers.
It will probably be launched in May/June…
So it would be cool if you could give me some feedback on the current question catalogue.
Do you have any Ideas on how to improve the questionnaire?
Do you want to see some additional questions that aren’t listed yet?
1.) BACKGROUND OF DEV
- What do you do?
- When did you get started with playing games (and what was the first game that you remember)?
- How did you get started with developing games?
- If you weren’t a game developer you would be a…?
- Why do you make games?
- On how many games have you worked on so far?
- Which game development tools are you using?
- Any other recommendations for software? (project management etc.)
- What is your favorite platform to develop for?
- What are the specs of your PC/Mac?
- How did you come up with the game’s concept?
- What were your inspirations?
- What inspires you outside of gaming?
- How was your game received?
- How long have you been working on your latest game (and your previous games)?
- How many folks were involved in the making of your game
- How was your budget for your game?
- What have you done marketing wise?
- What went right/wrong during development?
- What lessons have you learned from developing your game?
- Where do you think the games industry will be in the next 5-10 years?
- What games did you enjoy playing in 2012?
- What is your favorite game at the moment and what makes it special?
- Anything else you would like to add?
Make Games! is now online…
The site showcases selected game making software and many games. :)
The PixelProspector Art Contest has now officially ended…
…and now you can check out the 50+ drawings in the gallery!
I gotta say that the submitted art is really awesome!! Thanks for taking the time to create such fantastic stuff and sending it over. It made me smile more than once :)
Moreover also big thanks again to all the developers who sponsored their games for the contest.
- #1 – The art must be drawn by yourself
- #2 – The art needs to show at least some effort (you don’t need to be a professional artist but expecting to get a game by sending something that was put together in a few secs (stick figure or the PP Logo just slightly modified with a pixelate filter etc.) is disrespectful to the developers and to the contest. Which means no game in that case.)
- #3 – The art needs to be related to PixelProspector (which means it has to include the mascot).
for example the PixelProspector mascot could be hanging out in the arcades, or mining for gold, or exploring a dungeon… steampunk, cyberpunk, stoneage, game mockup?
Everyone who participates (and followed the rules!) can choose 1 indie game from the list below…
List of Games:
- Awesomenauts (sponsored by Ronimo Games)
- Bean’s Quest (sponsored by Kumobius)
- Blocks That Matter (sponsored by Swing Swing Submarine)
- Cook, Serve, Delicious (sponsored by Vertigo Gaming)
- Darkside (sponsored by Clockwork Pixels)
- Defender’s Quest (sponsored by Level Up Labs)
- Droid Assault (sponsored by Puppygames)
- Dungeon Dashers (sponsored by Jigxor)
- Dustforce (sponsored by Hitbox Team)
- Explodemon (sponsored by Curve Studios)
- Gas Guzzlers (sponsored by Gamepires)
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (sponsored by Black Forest Games)
- Infested Planet – Beta (sponsored by Rocket Bear Games)
- Jets N Guns GOLD (sponsored by Rake in Grass)
- Knytt Underground (sponsored by Nifflas
- Out There Somewhere (sponsored by Studio MiniBoss)
- Pushcat (sponsored by Zut)
- Revenge of the Titans (sponsored by Puppygames)
- Scavenger (sponsored by Clockwork Pixels)
- Scoregasm (sponsored by Charlie’s Games)
- Stealth Bastard Deluxe (sponsored by Curve Studios)
- Titan Attacks (sponsored by Puppygames)
- Trine 2 (sponsored by Frozenbyte)
- Voxatron (sponsored by Lexaloffle)
- Wizorb (sponsored by Tribute Games)
(All games are kindly sponsored by their developers. Big thanks!!).
The best submissions will be properly added to a little gallery.
So don’t forget to mention your name/nickname and optionally also your website… so people can quickly see who is responsible for the art :)
I’m really looking forward to your drawings!! :)