Hydorah is an awesome and faithful loveletter to the horiztonal shooter genre.
The amount of polish, details and love putted into this game is just astounding. This is definitely some game of the year material right here!
If it would have been released in the 90s it surely would have been a big hit.
Without a doubt one of the most polished freeware games ever… (with fantasitc music from Gryzor87)
Now do yourself a favour and download this gem to breathe some classic shoot em up air!
I’ve also recorded a video so you can see how the first 10 minutes of the game look like.
The developer Locomalito about the game: “Hydorah is a game designed for classic shoot em up players, who still love clean designs and challenging adventures”
- Better display
- Much better color balancing (now you can actually see the background)
- A few configuration options for joystick buttons and display
- Fixed some problems with the scoring system (to avoid score milking)
- 5 saves to start (instead of 3)
- And a bunch of small fixes and changes
Teletrooper is a fast paced and challenging top down shooter. Swirl around the screen, collect weapons and fulfill your mission orders (usually blow stuff up) in order to make it to the next level (selectable from the multi-route world map). An overall pretty good but difficult game that was over 7 years in the making.